StoneX Morning Grain Comments
October 6, 2022
Current Trend: Lower
Reason: Steadied U.S. dollar weighs, trade needs to see soybean exports pick up.
Estelline Coop Grain offers various types of contracts to help you achieve your marketing goals. Stop in and we would be more than happy to discuss what options would work best for your operation.
Estelline, South Dakota (57234)
- Hogs Net Higher for Week into Friday
- Thursday hog trading extended the bounce from Wednesday. Futures gapped higher, and for Dec left $76.75 to $77.05 open. The National Average Afternoon Base Hog price was $89.40 on Thursday, down by $3.59. The 10/4 CME Lean Hog Index was $92.93, down by another 52 cents. Weekly FAS data showed...
- October Cattle Options Expire Today
- Fat cattle gained 65 cents in the October contract on Thursday but gave back 5 to 17 cents in the other contracts. Feeders settled about $1.50 under their day’s high with $0.05 to $0.90 losses on the board. The FCE auction for Thursday showed 429 of the 1,202 head listed...
- Morning Firmness for Cotton
- Cotton is trading with morning strength of 49 to 69 points into the Friday session. Front month cotton futures worked both directions on Thursday, as December printed a 318 point range. At the close the board was 27 to 33 points weaker across the front months. Weekly cotton sales from...
- Bean Prices Holding onto Overnight Gains
- Soybean prices are fractionally to 2 1/2 cents in the black as the morning trade has the board off the highs. Yesterday the soybean futures market closed with 3 3/4 to 11 3/4 cent losses. Meal futures were down by $3.20 to $5.10/ton on the day as well. BO was...
- Corn Gaining for the Start of Friday
- Overnight corn action moved prices weaker, but the morning trade has prices back into the black. Corn futures went home Thursday with 6 1/4 to 8 1/2 cent losses. December closed 3 3/4 cents off the low. Ahead of the October WASDE report next Wednesday, a Bloomberg survey shows the...
- Recovery into Friday for Wheat Market
- Morning wheat prices are back in the black so far for Friday. At the close for Thursday, wheat futures gave back double digits of +20 cents. CBT SRW ended the day down by 1.77% to 2.55%. KC futures closed with 2.09% to 2.55% losses in the front months. Spring wheat...
Monday - Friday: 8am - 5pm
Friday (October 7th): 8:00am - 6:30pm
Saturday (October 8th): 8:00am - 5pm
Sunday (October 9th): Closed
Please Call Jerry before delivering corn
|Notes||Basis Month||Futures Price||Basis||Cash Price|
All grain prices are subject to change at any time.
Cash bids are based on 10-minute delayed futures prices, unless otherwise noted.