StoneX Morning Grain Comments
January 26, 2023
Current Trend: Higher
Reason: Grains rebound on tight overall S&D situation, export data awaited.
Estelline Coop Grain offers various types of contracts to help you achieve your marketing goals. Stop in and we would be more than happy to discuss what options would work best for your operation.
Estelline, South Dakota (57234)
- Cotton Finishes Red on Friday
- The front month cotton futures market went into the weekend with 34 to 61 point losses on Friday. For March, that meant a 19 point gain Friday to Friday. December cotton futures were 91 points higher from Friday to Friday, ending at a 131 point discount to the spot market....
- Mixed Hog Trade into Weekend
- Hog futures went into the weekend mixed on Friday, with Feb and April giving back $1.15 and $0.55 respectively. The back months continued their bounce, with gains of 7 to 87 cents on the day. Feb closed out the week at a $1.95 loss and saw the lowest print since...
- Friday Gains for Cattle Futures
- Fat cattle finished out the week of trading with 12 to 40 cent gains on Friday. For Feb, that left the board at a net 10 cent gain for the week, while April was up by 90 cents Friday to Friday. USDA confirmed some light catch up business in the...
- Wheat Sees Spread Trading on Friday
- SRW futures closed the last trade day of the week with 1 3/4 to 2 3/4 cent losses. The hard red wheats extended their premiums as KC rallied 1 3/4 to 5 cents on the day and MPLS gained 1 1/2 to 3 1/2 cents. HRW is now a $1.19...
- Soy Futures Fade on Friday
- At the close beans were 14 cents weaker in the March contract and a dime in the red in the May. The other nearby beans closed fractionally to 8 1/2 cents lower. March is still at a nickel premium to May and is a 13 1/2 cent premium to July....
- Corn Closes Mostly Red on Friday
- The March corn contract ended the last trade day of the week with a fractional gain, while the other nearby contracts went home 2 1/4 to 3 1/2 cents in the red. That added to the board’s inverse, which now has a 3 cent discount to May and has July...
Monday - Friday: 8am - 5pm
*********Check us out on facebook!*********
Manager: Jerry Squashingroff
Bookkeeper: Krecia W.
Office Assistant: Jennifer L.
Feed/Agronomy: Brian K.
Elevator: Charles R. & Sam K.
Trucks: Sam K., Terry W., Tim W. & Mikayla K.
JOB OPPORTUNITIES AVAILABLE!! Check out our careers tab.
1-27-2023: Our automatic texting system is not working properly. If you have receieved a text from us this morning that says we will be closing early due to weather, that is incorrect and was a text created to go out back in December. We apologize for the inconvenience!! We also apologize in advance that as we test our texting system, you may get a few too many. Have a great Friday!!
|Notes||Basis Month||Futures Price||Basis||Cash Price|
All grain prices are subject to change at any time.
Cash bids are based on 10-minute delayed futures prices, unless otherwise noted.